An unlikely pairing, Champagne and Gin becomes a delightful libation coupled with sweet and tart citrus. Go ahead, I dare you to try and stop at one!
12 ounces Boodles British gin
8 ounces lemon simple syrup (see recipe below)
8 ounces freshly squeezed lemon juice (8 to 10 lemons)
1 bottle Champagne, chilled
8 chilled Champagne coupes filled with crushed ice
1. In a large pitcher, combine gin, simple syrup, and lemon juice and stir.
2. Fill chilled Champagne glasses with crushed ice and fill the glasses about one third of the way with the gin lemonade.
3. Top each glass with about 2 ounces Champagne just before serving.
Lemon Simple Syrup
1 cup sugar
Zest of 2 to 3 lemons
Juice of 1 lemon
1. Combine 1cup water and sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly until sugar dissolves and the liquid becomes clear.
2. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring continuously, 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
3. Add lemon zest and juice. Pour into a container. Syrup will keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.