Rachel Roy is a unique and inspiring voice in the fashion realm. She's a designer who advocates for women, creates beautiful clothes, heads up a diffusion line, and is a mom to two daughters. While in NYC this past weekend for Fashion Week, I was so inspired by all the beautiful trends so I asked my dear friend for Fall fashion tips to share with you! Don't forget to visit Rachel's website at www.rachelroy.com to browse and purchase some of her own designs.
1. Dichotomy. Fall 2013 is a season full of dichotomy, mixing of opposites. Structured silhouettes are romanced with delicate laces and contrasting patterns. I love the use of floral patterns for Fall – mine bloom on strong, unyielding fabrics set with a black background and accompanied with a black lace to breathe a darker mood to the season.
2. Blazers/Coats. From moto, asymmetrical and sport, jackets are a must-have fall accessory. Masculine silhouettes paired with soft, flexible fabrics offer a feminine kick.
3. Color. There is no need to isolate yourself with black or white due to the change of season. Fall 2013 is rife with navys, fiery reds, empire blues, embers, hunter greens, and lavish purples.
4. Coated Fabric. Coating is a painted technique to fabric, resulting in a wax-like finish. Coated denim gives the right amount of sex and edge to your look.
5. Oxblood Beauty. At first, the deep shade of burgundy may be intimidating. However, whether you divulge in an oxblood reverse mani or a bold lip, the use of the rich hue will completely elevate your look without feeling too forced. Effortless chic.