Enjoying the last days of Spring? In celebrating a new season fast approaching, I decided to invite some friends over for drinks and spiced it up with this great concoction. While looking online for a tasty recipe, I noticed how elaborate and time-consuming the recipes were so I came up with my own. Making a cocktail doesn't have to be a daunting task -- no muddling jalapeños or making pineapple juice from fresh pineapples (just visit your local Whole Foods or Arden's Garden)!! Spending time with friends and enjoying their company should be the focus!
PINEAPPLE JALAPEÑO MARGARITA (1 serving)
- 3 parts fresh-squeezed pineapple juice
- 1 part tequila
- 1 lime, divided
- 1 jalapeño, thinly sliced
- Sprig of basil, mint or cilantro
- Add juice, tequila and ice to cocktail shaker
- Pour into glass and add a few slices of jalapeños
- Garnish with lime and a sprig of basil, mint or cilantro
- Serve with a smile and enjoy!