Today is National Mojito Day! This drink is a classic summertime favorite that's citrusy, light and refreshing. Lime, mint, and coconut rum get mixed together to create a deliciously refreshing cocktail. I usually mix up a batch and keep it in a pitcher; this method will ensure that you get to spend time with your guests instead of mixing drinks at the bar all evening.
COCONUT MOJITO (1 serving)
- 12 mint leaves
- ½ oz fresh lime juice
- 2 oz coconut rum
- ½ oz Simple Syrup
- 1 oz cream of coconut from a well-shaken can Ice
- 1 to 2 oz chilled club soda
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
In a small saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil; simmer until the sugar is dissolved, 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool completely. The syrup can be refrigerated in a glass jar for up to 1 month.
1. In a cocktail shaker, muddle the mint with the lime juice.
2. Add the rum, Simple Syrup, cream of coconut and ice and shake vigorously.
3. Strain into an ice-filled highball glass and top with the club soda.