In honor of National Oatmeal Day, I want to share one of my favorite oatmeal cookie recipes. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
- - - - -
CRUNCHY OATMEAL COOKIES
- 2 sticks salted butter, softened
- ¾ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 3ggs, room temperature
*Mix in a large bowl with an electric mixer or with a standing mixer until very creamy.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon vanilla paste
- 1 cup bread flour 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sel de vanilla
- I teaspoon cinnamon
*Add to mixture & mix well on medium until blended.
- 3 cups of Quaker Old Fashioned Oats
*Add to mixture & mix well.
- 1-2 cups of See’s Dark Chocolate Raisins or other preferred brand.
*Mix by hand.
1. Drop by rounded teaspoon full on a Silpat Non-Stick Silicone Jelly Roll Pan Baking Mat lined cookie tray.
2. Cover loosely with Saran Wrap. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight. (Tip: Letting them rest in the refrigerator makes for a cookie with a chewier center!)
3. Bake at 350°F for 8-10 minutes until nicely golden brown & let cool before transferring to a wire rack or tray.