When entertaining, I always aim for a few 'WOW' moments! This amazingly magical cocktail is the ideal touch for a truly picture-perfect day! I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do.
COMING UP ROSES
- 8 ounces Lime or Raspberry Simple Syrup (see recipe below)
- 16 ounces freshly squeezed lime juice (8 to 10 limes) *many grocery stores will squeeze upon request, which makes it much easier!
- 4 ounces rose syrup, plus a splash for each drink
- 16 ounces Bacardi Razz rum Fresh, edible rose petals that have not been treated with pesticide
- 1 bottle Champagne, chilled
- 8 tall highboy glasses filled with crushed ice
LIME OR RASPBERRY SIMPLE SYRUP
- 1 cup sugar
- Zest of 1 lime and/or ½ pint raspberries
1. Combine 1 cup water and sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves and the liquid becomes clear; reduce heat and simmer, stirring continually, 5 to 10 minutes.
2. Remove from heat and add lime zest and/or raspberries. Let cool to room temperature, then strain the liquid through a fine-mesh sieve into a container, discarding the fruit. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks.
3. To prepare for serving, in a large pitcher, combine simple syrup mixture, lime juice, rose syrup, and rum.
4. To serve individual drinks, muddle a few fresh rose petals with a splash of the rose syrup in the bottom of a tall highboy glass, then fill with crushed ice. Fill glass with the rum mixture about three quarters of the way and top with about 2 ounces Champagne. Add a splash of rose water and a small handful of rose petals to the glass and serve with a straw.
To get the look along with the cocktail, here are some items I found that will surely impress your guests!
This lovely 19th-century English heavily plated silver oval tray from the late Victorian period is framed in a raised border decoration of grapes and vines. Absolutely divine!
Coming Up Roses cocktails will look mouthwatering served in these simple and elegant vintage-looking glasses.
Refreshing beverages are more fun to sip with these charming, retro paper straws.