The weather outside is frightful, but the fire is so delightful, and since you’ve a place to go…
Usher your company in to enjoy a tableau of frozen vodka to warm their cockles. I love the beautiful functionality that keeps the spirits icy cold while serving as your focal floral. Very simple to assemble as well. All you need is freezer space and time!
Frozen Vodka Bar
- Place the vodka bottle into a fully opened half-gallon cardboard milk or juice carton.
- Insert flowers or thinly sliced fruit (we used cranberries, holly, gerber daisies, roses, kiwis, strawberries) around bottle, filling one-third of the carton.
- Pour water into container, just covering fruit and flowers.
- Place upright in the freezer.
- When completely frozen, add another layer of fruit and very cold water, and freeze.
- Repeat steps 2 through 5, filling and freezing a third time, so that fruit and flowers do not float to the top, until water reaches bottle neck.
- Remove from freezer just before serving; cut away milk carton with a utility knife.
I love that these simple crystal shot glasses pick up the colors of the flora in my frozen decoupage.
A perfect dish to hold your melting arrangement.