If you have not heard of Dot & Bo yet, you are in for a real treat! It is a new flash sale site that offers everything from furniture to household items, and much more in between. Dot & Bo handpick unique and beautiful designs from around the world that tell great stories while putting them together in fresh and inspiring ways to help you express your style. They are based in San Francisco which is known for having small apartments, so that is why they are the experts on decorating modestly quaint spaces that are inviting and practical! Also, click here to enter to win Hexagon Book Shelves from Dot & Bo!
1. Find furniture pieces that have multiple functions to save space, like a neutral colored futon. This way, you can make room for other functional pieces as well.
2. Large mirrors give the illusion that a room is larger than it actually is. You can choose frames that complement the type of decor in the space.
3. If you have an extremely small space, you can convert it into a reading nook. All the essentials you need are a comfy chair, a side table, and a floor lamp!
4. Make the space airy with light colored paint or white walls to create a feeling of openness. The dark elements can be added with accents.
5. Use garden stools as seating or as side tables. Small cushions can be added to create a more comfortable seating option.
6. Incorporate tall bookshelves, or wall bookshelves, to make room on the floor. A bookshelf will also provide space to display small decorative items.
7. Choose a color scheme to stay organized. A small space can look cluttered and chaotic if there’s too much going on.
8. A statement piece will catch the eye and set the design tone.
9. Chairs with legs that sit up off the floor also create a more open look rather than ones that sit on the floor because of the visual space apparent under the chair.
10. Clear acrylic furniture is modern and doesn’t take up too much visual space.
11. If you want to go bright, make the ceiling pop with a bright color to bring attention to the vertical aspect of the room.
12. Embrace the architectural integrity of the space and work around it! Just imagine what you could do with access to the whole world… How will you tell your story? Come shop with Dot & Bo to find out.