I just love Gavin Brooks and Stephanie Waldrip and their clothing collection, Waldrip! You could say that the Waldrip Collection has met success thus far from the dynamic duo moving to New York, starting their own line, getting picked up by Shopbop to designing a custom dress for Lady Gaga. They're making beautiful and classic silhouettes with unique fabrics that really are investment pieces and somehow they even found the time to share with us some great fall favorites and tips. Also, please enter to win a Rafflecopter giveaway from Waldrip which will run today through 11:59pm Friday night!
1. Invest in history. I begin each collection with a select few fabrics sourced from European textile mills. The intricate process of sourcing adds a new dimension to not only the fabric but to each piece in the collection. I draw on inspiration from the rich history of each fabric. As a consumer you are able to trace my fabric selections back to the mill where they originated.
2. Stock up on accessories for fall. I love a great fur scarf; it's warm and easily dresses up any look.
3. Don't let the cold weather months get you down - dress up with outwear! You can purchase this great jacket on Shopbop.
4. Fall weather is the best time to play with menswear trend - An easy way to get the look is tailored pieces like a slim ankle baring trouser, long button down and a slightly oversized top. Pair with flats for day
5. Don't forget to keep flowers through fall! - Busy? Buy a few orchids for $60 you can brighten up a room well into the holidays.
6. For the Type A personalities, make sure your to-do list is as chic as your ensemble with a new Smythson day planner.
7. Buy a grey t-shirt! Grey is the perfect neutral for fall - pair with colorful patterns or bright colors.
8. Bodysuits can create a polished look. Now that we're entering layering season, this Trot Top Bodysuit paired with the full circle skirt makes sure everything is in place.
9. Colorful accessories make all the difference as the weather gets dreary. I love this Stella McCartney Beckett clutch.
10. If you're visiting New York try Soho's downtown spot Felix for brunch and get the French Onion soup!
11. In Atlanta? Go to Murphy's for a delicious brunch and shop around the cute Virginia Highlands stores.
12. Game Day? Wear your favorite college teams sweatshirt with leather legging - but don't forget your heels!
13. Take advantage of the fabulous fall colors and textures and use those to your benefit when entertaining. Throw a cocktail party and make sure your table is just as stylish as you are by adding special touches for your friends and loved ones. We always start with picking up Danielle's 'Soirée Entertaining with Style' for some inspiration!
'Waldrip is intellectual without being unapproachable.' - Stephanie Waldrip
Founded in 2012 by longtime friends, Stephanie Waldrip and Gavin Brooks, Waldrip debuted their first RTW collection for Spring 2013. Upon graduating from Savannah College of Art & Design, Stephanie moved to New York and refined her technical design skills working for some of the industry’s top designers. Driven by an inimitable creative vision and the business prowess of Brooks, Waldrip started her namesake collection.
For Waldrip, the inspiration to launch her eponymous line came from an education in European textiles and a desire to create a RTW collection simple in silhouette and rich in fabrication. The history of the mills combined with the origination of fabric become part of the story Waldrip is telling through each collection.
The label has become a favorite of distinguished women in film and music. Waldrip and Brooks, two Georgia natives are committed to keeping production exclusive to New York City's garment district supporting the enclave of talent housed on Seventh Avenue. Waldrip is available for retail distribution nationwide.