Vintage Hand-Painted Chinoiserie Console
In the late 18th century, the Aesthetic Movement put a higher emphasis on the pure aestheticism of art as opposed to social messaging. Art was created for the sake of art, made beautiful and elegant with no other purpose than to be seen.
- Vintage gilt-Japanned console table.
- The surface, drawer fronts and sides decorated with Chinoiserie scenic vignettes.
- Apron centered by a hand-carved fretwork gallery.
- Resting on 4 painted wood legs simulating bamboo.
- Lacquered Wood, Brass
- Width: 54"
- Depth: 16"
- Height: 32.50"
- Crack along the center of painted panel resting on the left leg.
- Prevalent wear to finish including craquelure to surface and abrasions to edges.
- Structural and aesthetic restoration recommended.
Connect with a member of our team to discuss shipping & delivery options for this item.