Regency Style Hand-Carved Dining Chairs
The Regency style is recognized for its regal and elaborate aesthetic, fittingly as it originated from monarchical influence and tastes in the first decades of the 19th century, and is commonly used in the design of furnishings and décor today as a way to harken back to old-world grandiosity. Much of the furniture made in this style is characterized by extensive brass and ormolu inlay and accents, column, saber and X-fashioned furniture legs and, perhaps most distinctively, the claw-and-ball foot. In keeping with the noble aesthetic, rare and luxurious materials and finishes are favored, such as rosewood and zebrawood. The older Neoclassical style of the 18th century as well as the resurgence of interest in ancient cultures that occurred in the 19th century are exhibited in the decorative features of the Regency style, such as through Roman and Egyptian motifs. Further, martial themes are often used in homage to the Napoleonic era with which it originally coincided. On a whole, the Regency style interior is one of luxury, formality and extravagance.
- Sold as a set of 8.
- Hand-carved x-back cane seat dining side chairs are set on saber legs, fluted in front, and have a faux tortoise shell finish with gilt embellishment, including applied gilt metal rondel on the center of the seat back.
- Gold silk 2" self-welted tie back seat cushions with zipper closure.
- Giltwood, Silk, Gilded bronze
- Width: 19"
- Depth: 23"
- Height: 35"
- Seat Height: 17.50"
- Seat Depth: 17.75"
- Cushion Height: 2"
- Significant visible nicks to wooden frame, with paint loss to cane seats.
- Silk seat covers have spotting throughout and would benefit from recovering.
Connect with a member of our team to discuss shipping & delivery options for this item.