Hollywood Regency Lacquered Bergères
Though Hollywood Regency aesthetics and design were conceived of during the Golden Age of Hollywood in the 1930s, the singular look of original Hollywood Regency pieces continues to be a favorite among architects and designers today. Having drawn inspiration from the luxury of Art Deco and the functionality of Mid-Century Modern design, Hollywood Regency was ultimately defined by glitz and glamour. Though many of the silhouettes were classic, they were transformed through details such as metallic or high-gloss finishes, vivid colors and bold patterns and opulent details such as brass or gold hardware, luxurious upholstery and sculptural décor, all contributing to the dramatic yet highly livable design mode. Several progenitors of the style became icons within the field of interior design, such as Dorothy Draper and Billy Haines, and such seminal figures of the original period as Joan Crawford and Nancy Reagan were exceedingly fond of the style.
- High-gloss lacquered faux bamboo bergères are sold as a set of 2
- Newly upholstered back and seat cushion in ivory cotton fabric with black trim.
- Two loose box seat cushions.
- Lacquered Wood, Cotton
- Width: 28"
- Depth: 34"
- Height: 25"
- Arm Height: 25"
- Seat Height: 16.50"
- Seat Depth: 20"
- Significant wear to finish, most notably at the feet as well as the edge of seat rail.
- Minimal sign of wear to fabric.
- Restoration to chair frame recommended.
Connect with a member of our team to discuss shipping & delivery options for this item.