Art Deco Style Double-Arm Candle Sconces
Art Deco style is identifiable by its use of uncompromisingly clean lines and geometric patterns, as well as the combination of both natural and man-made materials. It is perhaps best understood as the aesthetic inspired by the original Art Deco movement. Originating in the 1920s, and coming to full fruition during the 1930s, Art Deco was a movement within both the fine and decorative arts as well as architecture; it is a term that is also sometimes used interchangeably with “style moderne.” The continued popularity of Art Deco is undoubtedly due as much to its sleek, Modern aesthetic as to the number of famous and admired Art Deco buildings and monuments that still stand today in testament to its enduring style, such as the Art Deco historic district in Miami and the Rockefeller Center and its interior in New York City, among many others.
- Maison Bagues style gilt bronze and crystal candle sconces.
- Two arms extending from the central stem.
- Round back plate.
- Bow tied around tassel at base.
- Crystal elements include etched leaves, star finial and faceted tear drop hung bobeches.
- Each double arm sconce holds 2 candles.
- Bronze, Crystal
- Width: 11"
- Depth: 5.50"
- Height: 20.50"
- Natural patina commensurate with age.
- Three tear drop crystals missing.
- This piece's shipping quote includes a crating cost. Crating is a required add on for all fragile freight in order to minimize the risk of damage to ensure your shipment arrives safely and securely.
Shipping Rates will be calculated at Check Out