With a slight chill in the air in Atlanta, my god daughter and I spent our weekend baking. I don't know about you, but I'm so ready for Fall -- cozy sweaters, boots and jeans, changing leaves, apple picking and of course, pumpkin! Even if it's still warm out, these muffins will get you in the Autumn spirit!
PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS
- 1 can (15 oz) of pumpkin
- 1 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick) room temperature
- 1-2 bags of chocolate chips (depending on your taste). I use a mix of chip sizes -- jumbo, regular & mini!
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Grease muffin tins and set aside.
3. Mix flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt in bowl of a standing mixer on very low speed to incorporate ingredients.
4. Add pumpkin, eggs & butter, mix until blended, then increase speed until fluffy. Add chocolate chips & fold in by hand.
5. Scoop into muffin tins. (I use an ice cream scoop to ensure consistent sizing!)
6. Bake 20-25 minutes or until puffed up & springs back when softly touched.
Serve warm and enjoy!