These cooler fall nights are making us yearn for bonfires and roasting marshmallows. We have the perfect recipe for roasting S'mores. An assortment of flavored marshmallows and rich chocolates sandwiched between homemade Graham crackers make this the best s'mores recipe. Have your guests toast marshmallows over the fire or grill. Sandwich with a slab of chocolate between two graham crackers and enjoy!
- Assorted chocolate bars (dark, milk, and white)
- Assorted marshmallows (strawberry, peppermint,
- chocolate, and vanilla)
- Graham Crackers (recipe below)
- 1¼ cups graham flour
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons dark-brown sugar
- ¾ tablespoon baking powder
- ½ tablespoon baking soda
- ½ tablespoon kosher salt
- 1⁄8 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter
- 4½ tablespoons molasses
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
1. Place flours, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda,
salt, and cinnamon in a food processor and pulse until
combined. Dice butter and add, pulsing until the
mixture has the consistency of a very fine crumb. Add
molasses, milk, and vanilla and process until the dough
forms a ball. Press ball into a flat disk, wrap in plastic,
and refrigerate 30 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 350°F.
3. Unwrap chilled dough and place on a large piece of
parchment paper; top with a second sheet of parchment
paper. Roll dough out until it is 1⁄8 inch thick.
4. Place the rolled dough, still between the parchment paper
sheets, onto a half sheet pan. Remove the top sheet of
parchment paper and cut the dough, using a perforated cracker cutter or pizza cutter, into 2-inch- square pieces by making a grid of vertical and horizontal
cuts. Trim off any excess. Using the perforated cracker cutter or a fork, poke holes all over the top of the dough.
5. Bake until crackers are done, about 25 minutes, making
sure to rotate pan after 10 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack. Once crackers have cooled, break into individual pieces and store in an airtight container.
Enjoy with a Blood-Orange Bourbon!